Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Today was a good day

Today was a good day.

I only used the bathroom once from the time I left for work at 8 a.m. until I got home with Z, after stopping at Walmart, at 4 p.m.

Once.

Two weeks ago, it would have been more like 10 times, at least.

I can do normal life things again. It's wonderful. (I made alfredo shrimp linguine and a super easy/fattening/amazing coconut cream pie this evening.)

I think I might start running again soon. There's a 5K here next weekend; maybe I'll start with that.

**************************************************************************
But enough about me and my sucky, but slowly improving colon.

Z will be 20 months old later this month. Within the past four to six weeks, especially, it seems as if his vocabulary is exploding. He likes saying Gatorade (gay-oohr-ray.) He says please (peez!)  for everything, especially if Andy or I are eating or drinking anything. Easter eggs (yee-yeggs) are a source of never-ending fun.

I also think it's super cute what Z calls our cat, Frank, who we often refer to as Frankie. He can say "Frank" just fine, but when we say "Frankie," he says "Eefie."


Aside from that, he must say about 100 other words. Or something like that.

He has also started notifying us that he has pooped in his diaper, which seems to be a step in the right direction toward potty training. We haven't been actively potty training yet, actually. We do have a potty chair and we ask him to sit on it from time to time, but that's about it. Maybe we'll work more on it this summer.

Z loves Dora the Explorer and Blues Clues, and most other things on Nick Jr. 

He dances when he hears music now, without us prompting him. (He was really grooving in the backseat this past weekend to some of my husband's iPod music.)

I've discovered that Z also enjoys singing, namely "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," "Itsy Bitsy Spider," and the Bubble Guppies theme song, which is all too easy to get stuck in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment