Sometimes the most morbid thoughts enter my mind.
I mean, I've always been the type of person to consider the worst possible outcome, but I think it's gotten worse since Z came along.
Example 1:
Normal thought: "I love nursing Z and the bond that goes along with breastfeeding. I even like the fact that he tends to cling to me and gets upset when he sees me leave the room. It's comforting to know that we've established a great connection so far."
Immediately followed by a darker thought: "BUT, if I happen to get in a car accident and die today, Z would never even remember me."
Example 2:
Normal thought: "Oh, crap, we're supposed to get freezing rain tonight. I'm going to drive, like, 10 mph the whole way to the babysitter's tomorrow morning, and I don't care how many cars honk at me."
Morbid thought: "At least most of the commute to work is after I drop off Z. I'd rather die in a car accident alone than with him in the car, too."
(Yes, there's a recurring theme, I know. Ever since I slid into the grass median two years ago while going 70 mph on I-75, I've been slightly terrified of driving in the winter months. So don't even mention to me how much you love snow.)
Is this a normal mother thing?
In closing, here's a recent photo of us NOT dying.

No comments:
Post a Comment