Friday, February 10, 2012

"Gee" whiz

I think it's safe to note Z's first deliberate syllable: "Gee."

This isn't "gee" as in, "Gee, I'd sure like a piece of that chocolate pie." It's "gee" as in, "geek" or "geezer," but it's all gurgly-sounding and drawn out.

He's so funny; we go back and forth with it, and he thinks it's hilarious.

Z: "Geeeee!"

Me: "Geeeee!"

Z: "Gee."
Me: "Gee."
Z: (Smiles) "Geee!"
Me: "Gee!"
Z: "Gee!
 Me: "Can you say, 'mama?' Mama!"

Z: (Stares) ....

Me: "Mama, dada .... mama ... mamadada?

Z: (Stares) "Geee!"

Me; "Fine, okay. Geee!"

In other news, we're taking Z to a portrait studio at Walmart tomorrow afternoon since he'll be six months old on Feb. 15. (Andy and I might jump in for a couple of family photos, too.)

I'll post some on here or post a link to the photos as soon as I can!

In the meantime, here's Z in his big-boy car seat yesterday after I picked him up from the babysitter's house.

2 comments: