So I wrote this a while ago on my phone after Z fell asleep on my lap and never posted it. It's nothing epic or deep or even interesting. Enjoy!
I think my husband and I have been pretty lucky when it comes to Z's sleeping habits.
He started sleeping through the night fairly regularly at around 4 months, and although there have definitely been some bad weeks, for the most part, he sleeps at least five hours straight at a time for a total of about 10 hours each night.
With that said, it isn't always so easy to get him to stay asleep initially.
He must always fall asleep on my lap or in my arms, usually while nursing.
We've tried a couple of times to lay Z in his crib still awake, but he always ends up getting himself so worked up crying, that he's gasping for air and definitely NOT falling asleep any time soon.
The cry-it-out method of falling asleep may work just fine for some kids and some parents, and that's great. But I'm personally not a fan.
I would rather comfort my child and lose sleep than leave him alone in a room crying.
With this is mind, as Z grows older and even bigger, this whole lap arrangement might start to get more and more awkward and uncomfortable. Hmm...
I think my husband and I have been pretty lucky when it comes to Z's sleeping habits.
He started sleeping through the night fairly regularly at around 4 months, and although there have definitely been some bad weeks, for the most part, he sleeps at least five hours straight at a time for a total of about 10 hours each night.
With that said, it isn't always so easy to get him to stay asleep initially.
He must always fall asleep on my lap or in my arms, usually while nursing.
We've tried a couple of times to lay Z in his crib still awake, but he always ends up getting himself so worked up crying, that he's gasping for air and definitely NOT falling asleep any time soon.
The cry-it-out method of falling asleep may work just fine for some kids and some parents, and that's great. But I'm personally not a fan.
I would rather comfort my child and lose sleep than leave him alone in a room crying.
With this is mind, as Z grows older and even bigger, this whole lap arrangement might start to get more and more awkward and uncomfortable. Hmm...

No comments:
Post a Comment